- MYTH: Eyelash extensions ruin your natural lashes. A certified professional lash artist should know how to tell how much weight your natural lashes can hold. The extensions should also be individuals, not "clusters", and shouldn't be more than double the length of your natural lashes to avoid damage.
- MYTH: Eyelash extensions are uncomfortable and heavy. If the extensions are applied correctly, they will feel lightweight and comfortable. I have heard horror stories of women who could barely open their eyes because their lashes were so heavy or who had throbbing pain coming from their eyelids because the extensions were glued to their skin instead of their natural lashes. If this happens, they should be removed immediately!
- MYTH: Lash glue takes days to dry, so you have to be careful or you'll mess up your extensions. I'm not surprised when I get new clients who have been to other places and tell me that the lash professional told them that all glues take 24-72 hours to dry. They are told not to get their lashes wet or wash their faces. That's just not true! Our Liquifan Lash glue is instantly sealed and dried, so you can wash your face, sweat, shower, or swim right after your appointment.
- MYTH: You need to go back every 2 weeks to touch up your lashes. Nope! Liquifan Lashes don't need touching up for at least 3-4 weeks. Many lash artists do tell their clients to come back every 2 weeks but who has time for that? Touch-up, or fill-in, appointments take an hour long and on top of that, their clients are told not to get their lashes wet for 24-72 hours. That's crazy! Liquifan Lashes are the most convenient eyelash extensions because they require no drying time and last up to twice as long as other brands.
- MYTH: Eyelash extensions look too unnatural. Many women get eyelash extensions to make their lashes look longer, darker, curlier, and more voluminous than any mascara can. Some clients even ask me to make their lashes look as dramatic as possible. However, for those that don't want anybody to know that they have extensions on, I apply a very natural-looking set, or "mascara look", with just a hint of curl and only slightly longer than their natural lashes. These clients love that their lashes are enhanced but nobody will ever know that they're extensions!
Check out our Lashes page for more information on Liquifan Lashes!